9/1/11

Helium.com Sells My Philosophy Article & Keeps Profit

note- This is a copy of an email sent to me at hotmail recently, from Helium...
> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:41:50 +0000
> From: content@helium.com
> To: garycgibson@hotmail.com
> Subject: You've sold an article on Helium!
>
> Dear Gary C. Gibson:
>
> Congratulations! A publisher reading Helium has licensed your article on "The relationship between metaphysics and physical cosmology theories" through our Stock Content offering. The article you sold is here on Helium: http://www.helium.com/items/1443173
> iMake News is the Helium client that purchased your article. We need to remind you that the Helium User Agreement asks that you do not contact this client directly. Publishers use Helium because they don't have time to work individually with freelance writers. By contacting the client directly, you could jeopardize Helium's relationship with the client for future purchases of other members' content.
>
> You will see a credit for this purchase within 10 business days. To view the credit detail, from your My Helium page click on Earnings & Payments then click on 'Adjustments'. This page displays all credits and payment requests on your account.
>
> Per the publisher terms, they are only licensing nonexclusive rights. So don't worry, the copyright to the article still remains with you. And, because the article remains on Helium, you will continue to earn from this article on Helium as well!
>
> Find out more about Stock Content and how you can benefit at .
>
> Thank you for contributing to Helium. And congratulations again on the sale!
>
> Do not reply to this email. If you have any questions about this, please forward this email to .
>
> Team Helium

My reply-

Dear Helium; You banned me from publishing at Helium on 24 December 2009 and confiscated all of my earnings for the future. Please stop rubbing it in. I know I have about 800 five star posts at Helium and have lost any profit from that the past two years as I have slept outside freezing in winters, drinking ice water, unable to afford a bottle of propane for coffee and feeeling like Helium is generally like the KGB 2nd directorate sending writers into destitute exile in Siberia.--thanks much.
looking forward to another winter (please do not contact me again as your Mr. Logan said he would write to the F.B.I. and tell them I am some sort of malefactor)
Gary C. Gibson
I have incidentally developed a theory about human digestive processes in cold weather in retrospect since last winter. I believe that if one drinks icewater instead of warm beverages and sleeps on the ground for months when the temperature is about 10 degrees or so the bacteria that processes food in the intestines is killed off. Well, in the spring one's digestion does not work near as well and one puts on weight much more readily in the warmer weather.

In the winter the weight gain and inefficiency in processing food is not as apparent because extra energy is needed to keep warm. Calories are burnt producing warmth. I listened to a doctor on the radio talking about diet in the summer and he mentioned that yogurt and its live culture offsets it weight gaining effects. I started eating yogurt and thereafter more food was processed and less weight gained as my own bacterial culture in the colon was recharged.

This is simply speculation of course. I am sure that there is documentation on the Internet of the effect of cold weather on digestion that I haven't time to locate because my webbook computer screen broke last January and I use public computers a few hours a week now.

The delayed effects remind me a little of when I immersed my combat boots in icewater and snow for 18 hours, then had my feet swell up quite a bit a day or two later, losing a a few toenails and having cyanotic blood flood for several years in even near freezing temperatures.

No comments:

After the Space Odyssey (a poem)

  The blob do’ozed its way over the black lagoon battling zilla the brain that wouldn’t die a lost world was lost   An invasion of the carro...