1/4/05

The Fabric of the Universe by Brian Greene

I’d like to give a partial review of Brian Greene’s 2004 book on physics and cosmology named ‘Fabric of the Cosmos’. If this one doesn’t win a Pulitzer Prize I can’t imagine what will-it won’t be my book of poems ‘A Place for Faith I am sure.

The entire history of the cosmos is reviewed, as are the special and general theories of relativity, Higgs Fields, hyperinflation, quantum entanglement, the cosmic constant, the scale and size of the Universe and so forth. While the Elegant Universe was a brilliant book on popular physics that narrowly missed the Pulitzer Prize, this one probably goes over the top.

I developed some science fiction ideas after reading 300 of the 494 pages. One could have gluon drive perhaps that would remember the quantum elements of the spaceship while converting it to a massless form. I believe the special theory of relativity principle would classify photons and massless particles as not experiencing time when at light speed. Yet for science fiction speculators, I believe that actual aliens would travel by quantum wave probability superposition and remote entanglement if possible instead of through clunky material spaceships. Of course quantum wavefields may be subject to interdiction by God I should think, whom could observe all of the probability waves, know there position and velocity and not interfere with so. It’s hard to say.

Yet Brian Greene’s book of course hasn’t much science fiction although it’s rather wittily put together. This is the best primer for cosmology available I would think.


No comments:

Mr. Trump and the Retainer Paid to a Journalist

 So far as I have learned Donald Trump is on trial for 34 counts of paying a journalist not to publish bad news about him. Trump's attor...