5/11/17

Should a President Be Free to Free to Liberally Fire Without Media Support?

When President Trump fired F.B.A. Director Comey without media approval he took a step further onto the crumbling ice of the arctic drifting south in north Atlantic currents. That is a dangerous course just for the intrepid to take. Can a President fire and replace appointees from previous administrations liberally and not find a sea of opposition force currents directed his way?

"Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me"
by Edward Hopper, 1818-1888

1. Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee:
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

2. As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Thy will
When Thou say'st to them, "Be still!"
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

3. When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
"Fear not, I will pilot thee."

Hymn #649
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Matthew 8:26
Author: Edward Hopper, 1871
Composer: John Edgar Gould, 1871
Tune: "Pilot"


When enough sinecured persons of plenty are fired for whatever reason good or bad and replaced with newer, faster, cheaper persons to  be plentifully recompensed then the nation's media can rest easy. Until that time, when light is visable through the mists and waves at the end of the tunnel the simple hymn of faith cited above must suffice.


No comments:

After the Space Odyssey (a poem)

  The blob do’ozed its way over the black lagoon battling zilla the brain that wouldn’t die a lost world was lost   An invasion of the carro...